Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello All! Katherine reporting for the English Camp in Litin! 

Today we started the English camp. It went pretty well! We had roughly .... *guesses* twelve kids [I just overheard Michael say that there were fourteen. I was close!]. We hadn't seen any of the kids before in any of the camps! They were almost all beginners and unbelievers. So we just kept them all together instead of splitting them into groups. First we "evaluated" them, to find out what they knew already, and then we had the opening ceremony. We got to sing "There's a melody" for the opening ceremony. It really made the kids open up. They were all laughing. It was fun. I loveeee that song. Michael hates it. But I convinced him to let us sing it because they would learn parts of the body. Hehe. I tried to get him to let us sing "Baby Shark" so they could learn family titles. He didn't fall for it. =P.

The kids are reallyyyyyyyyy well behaved! It's great. You can tell they're all there to learn. Ryan taught vocabulary first, and did a great job. He would act out all the words. The kids really enjoyed it. Michael and Michelle taught grammar (or "gramer") after vocab. The kids picked that stuff up really good. (Hehe. I know it's "well". Just wanted to make a lame joke :P) Then I taught Conversation. Which basically means I led the kids in exercises so they could practice the English they had learned. They did great! It seems like they've memorized a lot of phrases, so it'll be interesting to see what exactly they KNOW. 

During the closing ceremony, Michael asked the question, "Who is Jesus?" and none of the kids responded. So it's definitely a ripe field!!! Pray for their understanding and for clarity for us in teaching.  

Overall, I'm very excited about the camp! 

I think they're about to serve lunch (I'm blogging from the Litin basement) and I'm ravished. So I love you all and thank you for the prayers!!! 

<3,>

5 comments:

BeBop & NeNa said...

Katherine, Great to hear of the good work you and the team are doing. Love, NeNa & BeBop

jillian davies mansell said...

How exciting Katherine!! What an awesome opportunity and what a platform on which to speak! Will be praying for it all!
I have been so encouraged to hear all the "reports" (so to speak) of how you are doing in Ukraine, Ms. Katherine! You seem to be flame that keeps the whole team shining brightly. Keep shining brightly girl!
And, as a note to the whole team, to hear about all that God is doing through y'all is truly inspiring. God has gifted you all in great ways, but it amazes me how He made you all to glorify Him in a specific way, and in this moment, He made you to glorify Him in Ukraine. It is such a blessing to see (or, I suppose, read) all the good works He prepared for you unfold!I know this is said a lot, but truly, keep pressing on! We are praying for it all back here.
"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place." 2 Cor. 2:14 I know He will meet your every need!
much love,
jillian
"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good besides You." As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight...I will bless the LORD who has counseled me; Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay. You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." Psalm 16:1-3, 7-11
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him" -John Piper

(sorry for the enormous comment! There was just so much I wanted to say! :) I hope you shall forgive me!)

Unknown said...

Hey Katherine! It's wonderful to hear your voice! I'm continuing to pray for the team's strength and health, as well as clarity in sharing Christ. I'm praying for those dear children you are all shepherding, and what a different life God will give them, starting here and extending throughout eternity...if they will only believe and trust! Do not grow weary; rest when you're able. we love you! Love from mom

Tammy W said...

Dear Katherine,
It's so wonderful to hear about how God is using you and the team to reach children and adults for Christ. I knew you would do great because I know you have a heart for evangelism. Isn't Ukraine awesome?!! There are open doors at every corner! "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man (child) who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty." Matt 13:23 It's hard to imagine the impact your obedience will have for eternity. Because one child hears the "Good News" and responds, he might bear fruit a hundredfold! And you will meet them all in heaven one day! "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Love you,
Ms. Tammy

Unknown said...

Great things are happening. God is opening doors and doing wonderful things for his kingdom and YOU team have a part of it. Thanks for being willing and an encouragment to me. I miss you Jasmyn. Love, Mom