Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 10, 2008 A note from Mr. Vince

Greetings from Ukraine!

All is well here.
Parents, let me first say what a honor and privilege it is to lead and serve with your kids. They are all truly amazing! To see young people serving with humility and responding to adversity with prayer and wisdom from above is so encouraging.

Let me update you on the spiritual and physical condition of the team.

Spiritual- We meet every morning at 8:00 for a one hour devotional time. The study of the Book of James and the the rich prayer time together is the foundation of team unity. We are unified in mind and spirit! Please continue to pray, fatigue will begin to set in for some next week. To help prevent this , a rest day is planned.

Physical- All the guys on the team are suffering with severe allegies and head colds. We have medication and i pray we will feel better soon. I must say, it has not slowed anyone down. We just carry a lot of tissue with us. I am thankful it has not affected the girls at all. Please pray for their protection in this! (Vova Pochapsky has suggested taking all the guys to the sauna and beating us with hyssop branches. He said it will cure us instantly! I think we will pass on this.)

Michael and Chance will give complete updates on their camps later today. It is the final day for Borkiv and Gorodishue. Many parents will be attending the closing ceremony. The village pastors will be sharing the gospel. Pray for the hearts of the kids and parents, for clarity and boldness!

Other prayer needs- New camps start tomorrow (Thursday) Pray for the villages of Kuliga and Gromatska

- Vinnitsa Christian Orphanage appreciation dinner and service project- on Friday the team will complete a service project at the orphanage and then the team will prepare dinner for the staff and children and serve them. ( Matt. 5:16)

- Men and Women conferences this weekend - Biblical roles is the topic. I will teach the men and Gail Burris will teach the women


Will post more later.
Have a great day in the Lord,
Vince

Gal. 6:9

P.S. Michel Norman asked about the picture of Ryan sharing with Igor. We believe Angels  are rejoicing in heaven over his decision to repent

5 comments:

AlohaSurfer said...

Hey Jasmyn!
How exciting it is to hear the work that God is doing through all of you! It is neat to be able to have up to date updates of how to be praying for you and your team. Our church family is praying for you in Hawaii. Many asked about you and said they are praying for you and your team. Jen and I are praying for you too. Just let God through the Holy Spirit work through you. Surrender is the key, don't try just surrender. We love you and are praying for you and your team!
Aloha, Big Brother Joey

Morgan Guse said...

Mr. Vince,

Thanks for the update on everything that is going on physically and spiritually! I am glad that everything is minimal! I know how bad it can be over there! Man, I wish I can be there especially because you have been in goridesha and now you are going into gromadtska! Those are two of my favorite villages and I miss them greatly! Please tell the team to tell the kids that I say hello and miss them and wish I could be there...also, tell the team that they are always on my mind and I am always praying for them! You guys are doing a great work and I can see that God is truly honoring it! Thanks again Mr. Vince!

AlohaSurfer said...

Jasmyn,
Mom is technologically challenged but wants you to know that she loves you and is praying for you. Mom says that God will use your testimony for His will alone. She hopes all is well with your team and is praying for team unity and bonding as you all serve together with one purpose. We love you!

AlohaSurfer said...

Jasmyn,
Mom is technologically challenged but wants you to know that she loves you and is praying for you. Mom says that God will use your testimony for His will alone. She hopes all is well with your team and is praying for team unity and bonding as you all serve together with one purpose. We love you!

Tammy W said...

Hey Vince,
Thanks for the updates. I love knowing how to pray for the teams, since I can't be there (boo hoo). My prayers are with you all constantly. I will be praying a lot for Gromatska because if I remember correctly, there still is a need for a prayer house and I do remember speaking to a group of adults who were hanging around the last day of camp last year. Who knows who will show up this year?!
Please tell Gail that I started praying for her ministry the Wed. before you all left! I know God is going to do a mighty work in the hearts of many women. Lastly, have someone give Vitusha (Little Victor) a big ol' kiss and hug from me. It was great to see him in a picture!

Love to you all,
Tammy